Friday 7 December 2012

Think Of One Yourself

Alright kiddies, it's rant time.

Just before, I was google stalking myself as I unfortunately often do, and I noticed that there had been a shitload more web pages/ users/ accounts created under the name of SnailOnABicycle, which I had not created myself.

As an allround shoutout to you guys who are doing it, thanks for the recognition, but you guys suck.
Yes, I'm being bitchy and somewhat petty with all this, but I was so happy with myself when I came up with the whole SnailOnABicycle thing because it was awesome, unused, and 'mine'. As I still see my interweb name as an attachment to myself, in my opinion, it's like each one of these instagram, wordpress, twitter, and various other sites with the use of my name as an attempted reflection of myself. I say 'attempted' because I know the one's I didn't make aren't actually about me

I will now openly clarify a few things about myself:

  • I do not care about fashion. All the slightly too short, high waisted wedgie pants and collars done up all the way at the moment do not hugely appeal to me. At all.
  • I don't like photography
  • I don't like instagram
  • I am the original (and the only) SnailOnABicycle
  • I'm not very feminine
  • I got minutely 'internet famous' from this video I made 2 years ago about body image for school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyJec7DZyoQ
  • I'm technically not a hypocrite for what I say in that video; I'm more of a bullshitter. (I said what was needed to please the teachers and get the hell out of the horrific SOAR program)
  • I am flattered that people liked my video or name or whatever so much that they would use it
  • I still don't love it that they did so
  • I don't believe in practically any of the crap I  wrote in that barbie video
So if you're fantastic enough to be interweb stalking me and come across these types of things; they're not me.

Alright, somewhat petty frustrations aside, the lesson here children is that you shouldn't use the same name as someone else because it insanely pisses them off; especially when they go to make a twitter account for themselves and find that some swaggot is already using their awesome name.

You see, if super awesome people were using my name (not saying that everyone using SnailOnABicycle is a complete twat), or if it was a generic, common name, I'd be a bit less pissed, but splhiwaeyuthourehjsoewkjsgjbagkwjsbgn. That's not what happening.

It's actually due to this phenomenon of my name being in use by someone else that my twitter account is @AngryTiffsAngry because I was exceptionally angry about this name-taking when I first found out, and obviously still needed a username. In other words, I first found out that SnailOnABicycle was being used elsewhere when trying to make my twitter account like I said earlier.

This what I found just around half an hour ago when I googled myself. Anything without some sort of annotation is a real SnailOnABicycle account



Rant over (for now)


- The Real SnailOnABicycle

No comments:

Post a Comment