Friday 9 November 2012

A Bit of Hello

I go by the name of SnailOnABicycle. I'm like to think I'm somewhat of a 'normal' teenager in the way that I don't know what the hell I'm doing with my life, and I love it. I'm 16 years old, and very recently became so. At this stage I've only been 16 a bit over half a month, so I'm younger than most of my friends. I'm not someone that would be considered a 'popular' person, and of course I have my times where I envy and despise those people, but at the same time love them because they provide an endless source of entertainment for me. More on that later.

I'm in year 10 at an all girls Catholic school, but in no way whatsoever am I religious. Being at an all girls school might seem like a pain in the ass, but honestly I like it. There's a fair bit less bullshit around guys, but at the same time I do wish I had some guy friends.

My huge passion in life is music, and like most people, going a day without listening to music would almost kill me. I play piano and I've been doing so for 9 years. I play at grade 5 level and am doing my grade 5 exam next year. I'm in a band called Falling Sunday and I'm doing Certificate 3 in Music Performance and Certificate (I can't remember which one..) in Music Industry. I don't listen to just one specific genre of music, in fact I listen to and like bits and pieces of just about every genre, but my favourites are Punk, Punk Pop, Punk Rock, Hardcore, some Death Metal, Metal, Rock, Hard Rock, Post Hardcore and Ska. This might be a bit of a long list, but trust me, this is very limited for what I listen to. My favourite bands are All Time Low, Chunk No Captain Chunk, Fall Out Boy, A Day To Remember, HIM, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Bullet For My Valentine and The Cat Empire. Apart from this, there's a lot of bands I love but it would be a bit pretentious of my to name them now because I only know a few albums worth of their songs and can barely play any. As well as Piano, I play ukulele, mini accordion, sing and am learning guitar. I really really really want to be able to play the mandolin, so that's my next big goal - saving up for a decent mandolin.

One more big part of my life is Umpiring. I'm not a sporty person, and I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really don't like netball, so don't think I umpire that. I'm not that good at sports and I love footy (that's Australian footy for those of you wondering), so I took up goal umpiring. It's better than a job, I only train twice a week and work once a week. Also it's only for half a year. As well as this, I get paid more per hour than most part time jobs. Hell yeah.

Alright, enough bragging about myself. The reason I started up this blog is because lately I've been going through a shit load of boredom and have been thinking about how awesome it is to be a teenager. I loved it when I was a kid and didn't want to grow up, and now that I'm 16 I can honestly say that I absolutely love being a teenager, despite this year being pretty damn shitty for me. In this blog, I'm just going to describe my life in anecdotes and offer stuff to do for teenagers with less than loud social lives.

Have fun killing boredom.

- Snail

No comments:

Post a Comment